Wednesday 19 December 2012

Making my Poster

These are a selection of photos I took during my photo shoot. The original ones of Chloe wearing black didn't produce very good photos, due to the prominence of dark colours, so I did another photo shoot of just her, wearing the clothes in the bottom right corner.

My first attempt at a poster, this is when I realised
that Chloe's costume wasn't sufficient in these photos.
This was a photo taken for fun, but I thought represented the film too.






Of Andy's photos, I chose DSC2020
for my final design
(top row, second from right in top photo)

This is the final image I chose of Chloe the second
time round

Cleared up the skin on both actors to make them look more attractive.
The difference this made is shown in the image above.


Adjusted the lighting in the image by adding a layer mask and
adjusting the lighting settings




Relating the poster to the screen at the end of my trailer,
I did the title in the same font and colours



I added extra text, and matched the fonts of the title and release date, I then used a ruler guide to ensure the actor
names were level with each other. Fonts: Plantagenet Cherokee (title and release date)
Tennesse Heavy SF (actors)
Tennesse SF [Bold] (tagline)

added tagline and recommendation in colours which matched the colour scheme already in the trailer, also used the same fonts that were on the poster to match the house style

Looking at existing film posters for the production credits at the bottom, I then copied the same information for mine in the image above, I used Modern735 BT font but ended using that and Agency SF both at letter spacing -75%

final production credits, smaller text is at 12pt and the top wording is in Modern735 BT and the main body text is Agency SF

I removed the recommendation, as I couldn't get it to look as professional as the rest of the poster. I also added small versions of my distribution and production company logos at the bottom with the production credits as this is often done in professional posters.


No comments:

Post a Comment